ISO 9001 - Quality Management
Improve the quality of your products and services and consistently meet customer expectations.
Certification of your quality management system demonstrates your commitment to consistency, continual improvement and customer satisfaction. These are tangible business benefits that play an important part in building resilience and sustainable business performance.
The ISO 9001 standard provides specific requirements for a quality management system that will enhance your ability to consistently deliver products and services that meet customer, as well as statutory and regulatory, demands.
What is ISO 9001Applicable to all types of company in any industry, the standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement.
- ISO 9001 set out the criterial for a quality management system which focuses on the effectiveness of the quality processes, helping you work more efficiently and reduce product failure.
- It promotes the adoption of a risk-based process approach, emphasizing the requirements, added value, process performance and effectiveness, and continual improvement through objective measurements.
- The latest version is built on ISO’s High Level Structure (HLS), the set of 10 clauses upon which all ISO standards are based. Ensuring the same look and feel of all management system standard, it enables greater integration with different system disciplines, such as environment, occupational health and safety, information security and others.
Benefits of becoming certified
Checking that your system works is a vital. Certification to ISO 9001 by an independent third-party verifies how your management system is performing and demonstrates your work to apply effective quality management principles within the organization.
As a result:
- Build trust in your management system’s performance internally and externally by applying effective quality management principles within the organization.
- Implement a structured approach to continually improving processes and knowing where to focus efforts.
- Enhance customer confidence and satisfaction, which in turn can lead to increased business.
- Gain a significant competitive advantage by meeting any management system certification business requirements from customers, suppliers and sub-contractors in order to conduct business with them.
To be certified, you first need to implement an effective quality management system complying with the standard’s requirements. DNV is an accredited third-party certification body and can help you throughout the journey starting from relevant ISO 9001 training to self-assessments, gap analysis and certification services.
Learn more about how to get started on the road to certification.