Høvik, Norway, 17 December 2021 – Each year, DNV invests 5% of its revenue in research, development, and innovation.
DNV’s Research Review 2021 provides an overview of some of the key results of the company’s research over the past year, including an overview of publications delivered in 2021.
The research summarized in the Research Review focuses on the technologies needed to secure a lower-carbon future in line with the Paris Agreement, including the digital technologies that will help us reach the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Indeed, our research focuses on the importance of renewables, hydrogen, zero carbon fuels and grid integration to accelerate the energy transition, and also zooms in on digital assurance and artificial intelligence in shipping, healthcare, and aquaculture.
The 2021 Research Review website presents the 9 featured projects listed below:
- AEngine – Ammonia-fueled engines for carbon free shipping
- AI Mind – Artificial intelligence for dementia prediction
- Battery AI 2.0 – Battery AI promises better battery management
- DDD BATMAN – maritime battery systems risk control, reduced downtime and costs
- DigiHeart – Machine learning to predict and prevent aquaculture mortality losses
- Predictive Maintenance – Improving performance of PV plants by prediction failures
- Safety 4.0 – Safety demonstration framework for novel subsea solutions
- Simulation Trust Center collaboration platform – A secure space for complex system configuration and simulation
- TRUstworthy, Safe and Sustainable Transport for all – A framework for scaling up autonomous transport